Greenwich CT Excavators
Fairfield County Excavation provides landscaping and hardscaping design services throughout Greenwich and its environs. We have a long history of excellence in the area and pride ourselves with a wide range of quality services, top-notch skills, and the best landscaping technology. Our aim is creating an unimpeachable reputation and lasting relationships with all our Greenwich clients.
Our Landscaping and Hardscaping Services in Greenwich
- Landscape design
- Hardscape design
- Landscaping installation
- Interior stonework
- Property maintenance
- Exterior masonry
- Commercial maintenance
- Property maintenance
- Asphalt driveway installation & repair
Seize our Competitive Landscape Architecture Package!
We analyze, plan, design, manage and nurture natural and built-up environments. Our skills are enough to impact on your way of life by understanding what’s on your mind and bringing it into reality. With our licensed and skilled architects, quality is guaranteed.
Our Greenwich Lawn Installation Services
We take time to assess environmental conditions and soil features to determine the right time to lay sod. The best times for sod laying in Greenwich is during spring and autumn with Greenwich landscape excavation. These are cool seasons with good temperatures and occasional rain which makes it easy for sod to root. During these seasons, you can lay your sod anytime.
Our Sod Installation Process
To enhance sod growth, we ensure that the sod used is of the right grade, and see to it that there are no water hiding spots. As we irrigate, we take care to avoid any chances of water running into your house. We follow the steps below.
- Taking lawn measurements
- Removing and killing grasses
- Soil preparation and grading
- Laying and rolling the lawn
- Watering, fertilizing and mowing
Can You Lay Sod on Your Existing Grass?
There are high chances that if you lay sod on existing grass, it will dry up, and not yield. Getting rid of existing soil is important but if you are not in a position to do it, you then should place soil on it, from which you will lay your sod.
Recommended Grass for a Greenwich Lawn
- Kentucky bluegrass
- Creeping Red Fescue
- Rough bluegrass
- Zoysia Grass
- Perennial Ryegrass
- Tall Turf Fescue
Greenwich Hardscape Design
Hire Us For Your Hardscape Design Project!
If you have a dull and boring walkway, we are able to offer you professional hardscape design services ranging from stone wall property dividers, wall way curb into enclosed mailbox pillar installations. We also have successfully customized the spaces below with our great hardscape skills.
- Retaining walls
- Outdoor living areas
- Outdoor Kitchens
Our Hardscape Materials
- Sandstone hardscape
- Granite hardscape
- Limestone hardscape
- Hardscape furniture
Commonly Used Stones for Interior Design
Today, natural stone is many homebuilder’s favorite. Having been in use for years, natural stone is undeniably a versatile and dynamic product useful in traditional and contemporary building’s walls, floors, and countertops. We have plenty of finishes of this to choose from. The following stones can in a big way to complement your interior design
- Marble: Has an exquisite pattern and makes it one of the best floor’s elegant decisions. Marble can survive weight for decades. However, it needs a high degree of maintenance
- Limestone: Made of skeletal fragments of marine organisms like molluscs and coral. It is preferred due to its versatility, and ability to create a timeless classic look. When pure, limestone is almost white in color. The one used on buildings is produced in a variety of finished like gold, brown, pink, red, and black.
- Brick: Inexpensive, strong, durable, and easy to clean. Requires maintenance over time, but not regularly. Can be rougher than wood or tiles, more so when walking on barefoot. Common for flooring and kitchen gardens.
- Fieldstone: Comes in different shapes, and makes the room look warm
- Terrazzo: This composite material is poured precast or in place, and common for wall and floor treatments. It consists of quartz, marble, glass, or other suitable chips. It is cured, ground and polished to a smooth surface to create a uniformly textured surface
Greenwich Property Maintenance
Fairfield County Excavation offers unbeatable property maintenance services like:
- Flower bed services
- Spring-fall clean-ups
- Storm clean up
- Holiday décor services
- Weekly lawn maintenance
- Hedge trimming
- Seasonal flower arrangement
- Pruning ornamental trees and shrubs
- Seasonal lawn care programs
- Aerating and overseeing
Did You Know?
Greenwich experiences a humid continental climate which is in close proximity to humid subtropical climate. On winter storms, the area North of Merritt Parkway is likely to receive significantly heavier snowfall than areas that are close to the coast resulting in Long Island sound’s moderating influence. We offer expert landscaping to this 174 km² area and respond to all storm, snow, & flood emergencies quickly.
Our Greenwich excavation services include:
- Backfilling and compaction
- Foundations or footings
- Installation of sewer systems
- Water line installation
- Site restoration
- Commercial or residential excavations
Our Preferred Home Foundation Options
Concrete Slab Foundation
- Low cost
- Quick construction and drying time
- No airspace left between the foundation and the building; thus no room for termites or mold.
- Lack of ventilation between building and slab
- Challenges in repairing damaged/leaking lines embedded into the slab.
- The slab lays low, thus not suitable for places frequented by floods
- Good for lands where a traditional foundation is not easy to lay.
- One of the robust long-lasting foundations
- Excellent support
- Can lead to poor ventilation
- Might lead to sagging and creaking floors.
Crawl Space Foundation
- Durable in areas with high groundwater levels.
- Good protection against water and loose soil
- Underneath airflow suitable for summer
- You can store outdoor items on crawlspaces.
- Crawlspace ventilation are not suitable in cold areas
- A crawl space might trap water and moisture
- Require insulation or sealing.
Did You Know? Greenwich has been ranked by CNN/ Money and Money Magazine as 12th of the 100 best places to live in the United States. At Fairfield County Excavation, we are ready to make your place even better to live in with our incredible landscaping services.
Ranging from large-scale remodels to landscaping projects, new building construction, and bulky item removal, our dumpster solutions are simple, reliable, and easy to count on. We offer two week rentals on dumpsters of 12 0r 15 yards. Our service is inclusive of:
- Wood removal
- House clean outs
- Yard debris
- Construction debris removal
For any of these services, you can call us for a free price quote.
Why Choose Fairfield County Excavation?
- We have the best prices in the market
- We customize our services to suit our customer’s tastes and budget
- Warranties on sod
- Free expert consultation upon a call or visit to our Greenwich offices
- A wide range of services to choose from – you can’t exhaust our Greenwich hardscape and landscape services
Great service and exceeded expectations. Went above and beyond the agreed contract, maintained proper care and completed beautiful stone veneer on the front of my gas station. The landscaping and masonry work turned out to be tremendous and we couldn’t be happier. It was a pleasure to work with Fairfield County Excavation from start to finish. From the first meeting and dealings with the office, to the execution of the work and the final result ended in exactly what we were looking for. Thank you again for such a great service.
Get in Touch!
Contact us for the best landscaping deals in Greenwich. To start the design process, you just need to call or visit us and share your insights on the project. Our years of experience, skills, and technology will definitely help us exceed your expectations.