Stratford CT City Page
Fairfield County Excavation renders a wide range of landscaping services for both residential and commercial backyards in Stratford. Regardless of your project size or budget, we have the right technology to handle the task, and a 30-year experience of Stratford ground excavation to back it up. Our landscape and hardscape designers are keen to detail and ensure that each job is completed with the highest craftsmanship degree.
Our Stratford Landscaping Services
- Landscape design
- Hardscape design
- Landscaping installation
- Interior stonework
- Property maintenance
- Exterior masonry
- Commercial maintenance
- Property maintenance
- Asphalt driveway installation & repair
Stratford Landscape Design
We focus on vibrant landscapes and exceptional care!
We have account managers and a team of horticulturalists who will make premium visits to your property to see to it that there are optimum growth conditions for the landscape vegetation. Account managers assess the space and come up with best suggestions based on weather seasons and land properties.
Our comprehensive landscaping services include:
- New lawn installation
- Lawn renovation
- Landscape design and installation
- Full-service property maintenance
- Lawn aeration
- Spring and fall clean-up
- Build annual spring flowerbeds
- Flower Planting
Did You Know?
The Carting Island, Peacock Island, Long Island, Pope’s Flat, and the Goose Island are all in Stratford CT’s Housatonic River. To contribute to the location’s amazing geography, we aim at offering nothing but the best landscaping services.
Stratford Lawn Care
While we offer the best lawn care services in Stratford, we recommend the following DIY lawn care tips.
- Get your lawn a suitable shape and foundation
- Do a soil test to know what you need to add on it for grass and flowers to grow – you can buy a soil test kit on a landscaping store near you.
- Know the type of seed to use. In Stratford, we recommend the following grasses:
- Kentucky bluegrass
- Creeping Red Fescue
- Rough bluegrass
- Zoysia Grass
- Perennial Ryegrass
- Tall Turf Fescue
- Plant during the right time- Normally, we recommend sod laying during spring and autumn. There are cool temperatures and occasional rain which will make your sod root quickly.
- Do not lay sod on existing grass as it might not root and could all dry away. If you do not have time to take away that grass, you can add soil or dirt on it and apply sod there.
- Invest in plants that can stand year-round seasons, including drought periods.
- Irrigate your lawn appropriately.
Our Steps in Planting New Grass
- Loosening up/ aerating the soil
- Spreading grass seed on the tilled area evenly
- Covering the seed with a small soil layer
- Watering accordingly for growth.
Fairfield County Excavation assesses the lawn soil features to note what nutrients are lacking. We then fertilize the lawn to add such nutrients on it that it grows thick and green. We do our fertilization with high-end spreaders.
Stratford Hardscape Design
Whether you are after having your hardscape designed or repaired, Stratford excavation companies will give you exemplary results on the same, and a good value for your investment. Below are some of our Stratford hardscape design examples and hardscape elements
- Retaining walls
- Outdoor living areas
- Outdoor Kitchens
What is the Difference Between Hardscape and Softscape?
While both are landscaping elements, they tend to vary. Hardscape refers to heavier landscape design elements like stones, rocks, patios, and driveways. On the other hand, softscape refers to other landscape elements like color schemes, plants, and flowers.
What are the Available Hardscape Granite Colors?
Granite hardscape colors can vary from brown to buff and include several shades of green, red, black, and gray. Our team of experts will help you choose one that complements your home’s general aesthetics.
Stratford CT Driveway Services
How do you know it’s the right time to repair your driveway? Consider the following signs:
- Missing pieces
- Alligator cracks
- Standing water
- Multiple failures resulting from longitudinal or transverse cracks
Count on us for reliable driveway installation, repair or maintenance!
Excavating services require more than average manpower, technology, and logistics. We know this and have invested in the right machinery, and technical training. With over 30 years of experience, we understand the ins and outs of excavating and are ready to offer you exceptional results on the same. Our engineers are keen to detail and before doing any Stratford excavation, we take time to come up with a solid plan on how to execute, based on the property’s features. As a result, we have successfully completed many projects by excavating:
- Drainage systems
- Septic systems
- Pools, ponds and water features, basements
- Footings and foundations
We also do:
- Site restoration
- Commercial or residential excavating
- Backfilling and compaction
- Water line installation
Did You Know?
11.52% of Stratford’s 19.9 square miles (52km2) is covered by water. Our excavation services are customized based on the project’s location and customer preferences.
Recommended Home Foundations in Stratford.
Yes there are many home foundation designs to choose from, but the following work best on Stratford properties
- Concrete slab foundation
- Basement foundation
- Crawl space foundation
- Pier foundation.
Fairfield County excavation creates all these foundations in the shortest time and most competitive rates in Stratford.
When Do You Need to Grade Your Stratford Lawn?
While not all instances call for lawn grading, below are some worthy reasons for lawn grading.
- When you want to accommodate new structures
- When in need of correcting lawn surface drainage.
- Need to overcome landslides, flood effects, and erosion
- Need to create a property foundation
- For landscape/garden improvement
Fairfield County Excavation Lawn Grading Procedure
We follow the following steps in all our Stratford Lawn grading services.
- Assessing the existing conditions
- Identifying contour lines
- Calculating sports elevation
- Assessment of other standard annotations
- Slope calculation
- Setup planning
Why Choose Fairfield County Excavation for Your Stratford Property?
While we have countless benefits to offer in Stratford, we pride ourselves with the following.
- We have been in business for over 30 years and built lasting relationships with our customers
- Fairfield County Excavation is fully licensed and insured
- Locally owned
- Free price quotes
- Free consultations
- Monthly specials
- Home Improvement Contractor License
- We offer warranties on sod.
- Our prices are competitive – bring us any price quote from a competitor and we will beat that.
- A 24/7 emergency system to solve all your dorms, flood, or snow problems in good time.
Did You Know?
Shelton, Monroe, Nichols, Long Hill, Trumbull, and Bridgeport are towns created from Stratford. The towns, later on, broke up and got incorporated separately. At Fairfield County Excavation, we focus on delivering top-quality landscaping services all over Stratford and leaving a lasting legacy.
“Honest and Reliable”
Fairfield County Excavation is a reliable, honest, professional landscaping service. I have hired them for several years.”
“Pleasure to work with”
Fairfield County Excavation and its crews were a pleasure to work with. They were on site and always accessible and answered any questions we might have had. Always prompt and crews were always hardworking & pleasant. After 1 1/2 weeks of work, our patio, walkway, and property looked beautiful…just as we had envisioned. Cleanup at the site was immaculate. Thanks so much!!
-Gary and Cathy
Design With Us!
The above is just a summary of what Fairfield County excavation offers. We go extra and brainstorm with our customers to come up with a customized design that suits their exact preferences and budgets. With our skilled engineer’s dedication to meeting client quality requirements, we have successfully completed thousands of incredible construction and repair projects. Contact us today to get started.