Newtown CT City Page
You deserve the best lawn, interior & exterior hardscapes, and ideal features on your Newton property. At Fairfield County Excavation, we are ready to offer you exactly this, and mind-blowing designs that exceed your expectations. With 30 years of experience and dedication to quality, we have managed to create lasting relationships with clients and completed incredible construction, installation, and repair projects with our Newtown excavating contractors.
We Invite You to Take a Look at Our Services in Newtown
- Landscape design
- Hardscape design
- Landscaping installation
- Interior stonework
- Property maintenance
- Exterior masonry
- Commercial maintenance
- Property maintenance
- Asphalt driveway installation & repair
Newtown CT Landscape Design
It feels good to spend your free time in a well-designed lawn full of good grass, cool air and sweet-scented flowers, right? Fairfield County Excavation offers complete landscaping solutions to all clients including planting and building up flowerbeds with Newtown residential excavation. It does not matter how bad your lawn looks like. We have all it takes to transform it into a heavenly look.
Our landscaping services include:
- Landscape design and installation
- Full-service property maintenance
- Lawn renovation
- New lawn installation.
- Lawn aeration
- Spring and fall clean-up
- Build annual spring flower beds
- Flower Planting
DIY Landscape Design Tips on Your Newtown Property
There are many variables in do-it-yourself landscaping such as your personal design tastes, budget, skills, and climate in your region, and the manner in which you intend to use the yard. Fairfield County Excavation recommends that you follow the following tips for creating a magical landscape
- Get plants that can stand year-round seasons
- Incorporate your hardscape into the landscape design
- Have sufficient water features installed for hot seasons
- Take advantage of form and texture
- Layer your flower beds when planting
- Use drought-resistant plants for warm seasons
- For continuity, use evergreens and other foliage plants
- Make use of annuals for supplementing perennial color
- Match flower types with space you will be growing- Prior to choosing flowers, you need to consider light and soil features in your place.
Did You Know?
The North-eastern border of Newtown CT is a natural border following the Housatonic River. Having been serving the town for over 30 years now, we’re very familiar with the town’s geography and irrespective of where you are, we are just one call away..
Which is the Best Sod to Lay on Your Newtown Lawn this Season?
We take time to evaluate soil features and environmental conditions for accurate results. Our recommended grasses to plant on your Newtown lawn include:
- Kentucky bluegrass
- Creeping Red Fescue
- Rough bluegrass
- Zoysia Grass
- Perennial Ryegrass
- Tall Turf Fescue
Again, remember that laying sod on existing grass is not a nice idea as it might not root and could all dry away. If you do not have time to take away that grass, you can add soil or dirt on it and apply sod there.
Did You Know?
The recommended time for sod laying in Newton CT is during Spring and Autumn. During these times there are cool temperatures and occasional rain which will enable your sod root quickly.
Hire us for Sod Installation!
We start by ensuring that sod is of the right grade and eliminating all chances of water hiding spots. Our sod installation process can be summarized in 5 steps.
- Taking lawn measurements
- Removing and killing grasses
- Soil preparation and grading
- Laying and rolling the lawn
- Watering, fertilizing and mowing
With over 30 years of experience in hardscape design, you can trust us to customize your spaces to create you a great hardscape. We are experts in:
- Retaining walls
- Outdoor living areas
- Outdoor Kitchens
Hardscape Design Essentials
Normally, we design the hardscape first to form the structure which the softscape fits into. We do this in a couple of steps
- Geometry: Based on land features, we can adopt either the formal or naturalistic design approach. The formal approach puts emphasis on straight lines and symmetrical shapes while our naturalistic approach emphasizes asymmetrical shapes for achieving balanced and orderly overall design.
- Style: Our style options have much to do with materials used. The key to a good hardscape is choosing the style that suits your taste and preference. We brainstorm with our customers to identify the best designs for them.
- Design Mapping: We start by getting an accurate map for the property to be hardscaped. We draw hardscape features and outlines, linking them with a network of pathways.
- Path Layout: We put attention on path layouts since they are the arteries of any design. We route them along the landscape contours and install stairways where necessary.
Our Newtown Hardscape Design Material Options
- Loose stone
What are the Available Granite Hardscape Colors?
Granite hardscape colors can vary from brown to buff and include several shades of green, red, black, and gray. Our team of experts will help you choose one that complements your home’s general aesthetics.
Newtown CT Asphalt Driveway Services
Is it time you repair your asphalt driveway? Consider the following signs
- Alligator cracks
- Standing water
- Missing pieces
- Multiple failures resulting from longitudinal or transverse cracks
Count on Fairfield County Excavation for reliable asphalt driveway installation, repair or maintenance.
When it comes to rendering Newtown CT residents professional excavation services, Fairfield County Excavation is the best. We offer the best value for money, with expert assistance on this seemingly daunting task. Over the 30 years in business, we have built solid excavation skills and a good portfolio of completed tasks.
Excavating for construction projects or renovation is one task that can only be done by people with more than average resources, manpower, logistics, and capabilities. We pride ourselves with a solid team of excavators with years of combined experience and latest excavating technology. We make sure that no detail is left out before starting the task. After finalizing the excavation plan, we execute it by sending our skilled engineers and heavy duty equipment.
- Pools, ponds and water features, basements
- Footings and foundations
- Drainage systems
- Septic systems
Other of our excavating services include:
- Backfilling and compaction
- Water line installation
- Site restoration
- Commercial or residential excavations
Best Home Foundation Options in Newtown CT
While there are numerous foundation options, Fairfield County Excavation recommends the following foundations to any Newtown building; based on their benefits.
- Concrete slab foundation
- Basement foundation
- Crawl space foundation
- Pier foundation.
We offer two-week rentals on dumpsters of 12 0r 15 yards. Our dumpster service is inclusive of:
- Yard debris
- Construction debris removal
- Wood removal
- House clean outs
For any of these services, you can call us for a free price quote.
Did you know?
Newtown has an approximate population of 27,865 people and over 7,000 families. Fairfield County Excavation believes that each of these people has the right to a good home and surrounding, and thus focuses offering its landscaping services to a huge portion of these families irrespective of their budgets.
Why Choose Fairfield County Excavation for Your Newtown Property?
- Over 30 years of experience
- Fully licensed and insured
- Locally owned
- Free price quotes
- Free consultations
- Monthly specials
- Home Improvement Contractor License
I called for a cleanup and it happened. They called me to check on things when I was at work. When I got home it was wonderful all clean and nice. I will use Fairfield County Excavation again and again.
“Great job – Fairfield County Excavation did an awesome job graveling my driveway. Just what I wanted – Thanks guys great work!”
Contact Us to Get started!
Irrespective of your property needs, we have all you meet to actualize your dreams. Our prices are fair, and we customize our services to suit the client’s exact preferences. Whether you need a quick storm, snow, or flood restoration service, our 24/7 emergency system has you covered. Contact us today to get a free price quote.